Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fun with maths.

So far here in the UK £375 billion has been spent by this and the last government on Quantitative easing.

Feeling anything? Naw, me neither.

What's a billion for a start?

Well a million is a one with 6 zeros
and a billion is a one with nine zeros.

I'm still not feeling anything. Its all a bit abstract. If I had 20 million in the bank would my life be changed if I suddenly had 200 billion? Is it naive of me to say no?

I can imagine maybe as much as 50 grand. I think could imagine what 50 G would do for me. Above that I might as well be buying unicorns.

To properly get a grip on what a billion is you need to break it down.
The internet tells me that 62 million people live in the UK
You could share out a billion pounds by giving every man woman and child £16.12 each

The most recent bit of QE that was announced was £50 billion.
So
£16.12 X 50 = £806 for every man woman and child. So a family of 4 would get £3224

Like I said before the full amount so far is now £375 billion or £6045 each ( £24180 for that family of 4)

Starting to feel it yet?

One more thing on this... It could have been £6045 going to you, but where did that £6045 come from?

Well it came from you didn't it?

Ah, you're feeling it now aren't you.


Coming soon... Humm, I think I might do a kind of behind the scenes DVD extra type thing for Weak as I am, You know. With deleated scenes and making of. Stuff like that

1 comment:

Malin Rydén said...

I am all for behind the scenes! Weak as I am is brilliant (and I did read through your entire archive). Your take on superheroes is by far the freshest I have seen in a long time, and your sense of pacing and drama is just getting better.

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
some sort of artist or something. with problems and issues. I draw stuff
All cartoons and original writing ©Nigel Auchterlounie 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Followers