Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm looking for someone to look up to

My politics are left of centre, so I see this guy (Tory Philip Davies mp) as one of the bad guys.



And who do I have to fight the bad guys? Well I got Labour! Here's their leader...



When I first saw this I thought it's a pretty good video chop job, but no this is real.
Here it is on the BBC News website.
Yikes!
Is this the state of British politics today? A bunch of assholes in charge with idiots going up against them? Or is it the other way round?

They're not all idiots, there is Tom Watson on the recent phone hacking revelations...



Awesome!
Ok, his voting record does show that he was for a lot of stuff I was against (For the Iraq war, against an investigation into the Iraq war, against a transparent Parliament, for introducing ID cards)
And there was his expenses thing... Arrrrgh! Come on! I'm looking for someone, anyone to look up to here!
Right. Screw it! I'm going to look up to Tom for those 3 minutes 19 seconds. (I watched it live from Parliament and his bit was actually more like 7 minutes, and he was great then at least)

Before I go to Philip Davies mp I say the minimum wage was set up as a minimum wage below which no one could be expected to live. It's the absolute bare minimum you need to survive. Disabled people need less to survive do they?

In times of slavery there was actually a cost to keeping a slave. You had to at least barely clothe your slave, feed them just enough, and keep some sort of roof over their head. Zip forward to now, if you pay a person only enough to barely clothe them selves, feed themselves just enough and keep some sort of roof over their head. Then the only real difference from slavery is that you're making them go get the stuff for you. It's slightly easier than owning a slave!

I'm going to say I don't want the disabled to become a slave caste in this country.

news of the world phone hacking scandal. disability, idiot politicians

No comments:

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
some sort of artist or something. with problems and issues. I draw stuff
All cartoons and original writing ©Nigel Auchterlounie 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Followers