Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm gonna go for it

Yeah what the hell. I'm gonna go for it. No more short stand alone gags. No it's gonna be one long comic soap drama without end. Complete with multiple story lines.
What's the worst that could happen?
I could fuck it up. I might not be up to the job. I may well fail.
If I do, at least I tried right?
The scary bit is the whole "not knowing how it will end" thing.
My hope is that my previous long strips (links at the top of the page under the banner) have had that "made up as it goes along" feel to them, because life does make it's self up as it goes along.
Those of you who have been paying attention know that I do actually write out the whole storyline (minus jokes) before hand, but I can't do that now. I've sort of got to make it up as I go along.
So Todays plan is to come up with a bunch of people, and see what they do. The most difficult thing I can see is how am I supposed to write people who aren't obsessed with sex?
And the multiple story lines thing too?
Doing a bunch of different stories is one thing, but they need to fit together don't they.
Like I said I may well fuck this up.

What the hell am I doing? There was nothing wrong with the way I was doing things before was there?

And what should I call such a thing?

5 comments:

IBerg said...

I cant wait to see it. This should be fun!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I don't understand-are you trying to say people exist who aren't obsessed with sex?!
Look forward to seeing what you come up with, I'm sure it'll be great! BG x

Bobby Vardar said...

Why not think of it in terms of tv "seasons" (to use the american) as opposed to a soap? That way you can have an overall series arc, with shorter stories being individual episodes. Easier to introduce characters and it should gather its own momentum as you go...

Little Kid said...

Definitely what Bobby said.

And you know, you don't have to have sex obsessed characters. Let the world be your to satirize!

Bring on the geeks, nerds, kinky geeks, psychos, squares and dudettes.

Froth said...

Why do you need to stop the one off gags? Couldn't they be integrated? Lord knows Family Guy does it. I would add the characters a little at a time and not try to come up with them all at once and then see what they do. So far what you have been doing is working fine. Just expand on it.

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
some sort of artist or something. with problems and issues. I draw stuff
All cartoons and original writing ©Nigel Auchterlounie 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Followers