Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The spleenal review



- Kirsty-
Hello and welcome to this, the first ever Spleenal review. A late night discussion on what’s hot and what’s not in the worlds of the arts and media.
Joining me on the couch this evening are artist writer and creator of hellboy Mike magnolia…


- Mike-
Magnola, Kirsty, Magnola, not magnolia,
magnolia’s a paint


- Kirsty-
Whatever,
also on my right we have respected author and renowned academic Jonathan Millar…


- Jonathan-
Glad to be here Kirsty

Kirsty
…and on my left we have famous millionaire comic book tracer Alex Ross…

- Alex-
Word!


- Kirsty-
Er, yes, word indeed,
and finishing off the group we are proud to welcome possible lesbian and actress Jodie Foster.


- Jodie-
I prefer to think of myself as an actress first and possible lesbian second kirsty


- Kirsty-
Lovely.
Firstly for review we have the latest attempt from Michael bay. Transformers.
Mike what were your thoughts on Transformers?

- Mike-
Crap


- Kirsty-
Jonathan, what did you think of it?

- Jonathan-
Crap


- Kirsty-
And Alex, what was your take on transformers?

- Alex-
Fuckin’ ace kirsty darlin’


- Kirsty-
Lovely. And Jodie, what were your thoughts?


- Jodie-
I went and saw Harry Potter. I thought it was a bit long


- Kirsty-
Right. Er, next up we have the Spleenal blogsite, which has reached its hundredth post.
Did any of you doubt he would reach 100?
Jodie?

- Jodie-
I looked at the craftzine blogsite it had a really nice crochet hat you could make

- Kirsty-
Nice. Alex what did you think of Spleenal?

- Alex-
I thought the spleenal character looked a bit like Bruce Willis, which I liked. Apart from that I thought it was a bit hit and miss.
Though I do approve on his stand on the war in Iraq

- Mike-
Oo, yeah, the war’s wrong. He’s really sticking his neck out there! Not!

- Kirsty-
What about the main body of the post Mike, the spleenal cartoons and other works of art?

- Mike-
Well there are robots. I’ll give him that. But where are the monkeys and Nazis? No wonder he’s not a success


- Kirsty-
That question has cropped up before in the past, why isn’t he more successful?


- Alex-
I think it’s all the fucking swearing


- Jonathan-
Heh, heh, he said fuck

- Kirsty-
Right lets move on. The new Steven King novel. I thought it was shit.
What did you think Jodie?

- Jodie-
I read the time travellers wife instead. There’s a bit in it where he shags himself!

3 comments:

Rob Bodnar said...

I thought Jodi Foster was straight? I will wait until transformers comes to DVD, funny!

Terry said...

OK, I'll say it- I enjoyed Transformers. Maybe I was weak that day, I don't know.

And if there ever was a more purposefully sexually ambiguous celebrity than Ms. Foster, I don't know who it might be.

Alina Chau said...

Love your characters!! HE!! HE!! They are v cute and fun!! The robot velow is real coool too!

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
some sort of artist or something. with problems and issues. I draw stuff
All cartoons and original writing ©Nigel Auchterlounie 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Followers