Wednesday, May 2, 2007

He had to ask.



My old mate Herge left a comment in my last post. He asked why aren't you famous yet?
He had to ask didn't he!

Ive been banging away with my cartoons for more than a decade now with very little success, but if there's two things I know, it's that to get anywhere drawing you must first draw.

Having drawn somthing you need to get it out there.

Here is a rejection letter from Fantagraphics which may show the secret reason I haven't made it yet...



This is a really old letter recently unearthed my youngest who likes to climb in cuboards. A pretty standard rejection letter apart from the hand written bit at the bottom from the submissions editor.



"I want you to know that you are a very funny writer. I passed your first submission around the office and a bunch of people thought it was funny. You should be writing for television or hollywood."

There you go. Too funny for comics!

No comments:

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
some sort of artist or something. with problems and issues. I draw stuff
All cartoons and original writing ©Nigel Auchterlounie 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Followers